Become your apartment’s waste liaison and go-to resource for all things recycling!
About this Event
The Recycling Ambassador trainings are only open to Athens Services’, City of Los Angeles multi-family customers and their residents. RSVP is required to attend.
- Recycle like a pro
- Conduct outreach and encourage tenant participation
- Become a community resource and waste liaison
- Reduce contamination at your apartment
- Improve recycling in your community
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The Recycling Ambassador trainings are only open to Athens Services’, City of Los Angeles multi-family customers and their residents. RSVP is required to attend. The Recycling Ambassador training is an ideal opportunity for many parties, including: interested tenants; apartment green/sustainability team members; HOA president, chair, or committee members; and/or onsite manager or custodial.
WHY BECOME A RECYCLING AMBASSADOR?
A Recycling Ambassador is an onsite waste liaison who works directly with their property management, to support and enhance the recycling and waste diversion efforts of their apartment complex. Athens Services’ program trains motivated apartment dwellers and management staff to provide peer-to-peer outreach and education on proper recycling practices; monitor signage, contamination, and the overall waste diversion set-up; and work directly with the property management on identifying solutions. A Recycling Ambassador can also help to mitigate contamination and overfill issues, which can save the property time and money.
WHEN ARE THE TRAININGS?
Tenants, managers, staff, and/or HOA members are all invited to attend one of our upcoming sessions.* Athens Service will host one training in each of their franchise service zones. The first training is happening in the City of Los Angeles, North Central zone.
DAY OF SCHEDULE:
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Check in and Pizza*
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm: Training
8:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Questions and Networking
– – Food: Pizza and snacks will be provided. Vegetarian and vegan options will be available. GF snacks will also be available.
– – Zero Waste: We will be collaborating with Zero Waste Co. to provide reusable plates and cups, but we encourage people to bring their own if they can.
There are two parking lot options. Please arrive early to secure free parking. There are about 60 spots in total.
- FIRST: We have reserved parking under the YMCA building, immediately next door and east of the church.
- SECOND: The church’s Westmoreland Parking Lot is located at 2880 W. 8th St. Los Angeles, CA 90005.
SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY!
If an apartment manager or staff:
- Inform your residents and encourage them to sign up. Contact Athens Services for fliers.
- Consider recruiting an individual (or several) whom you feel is an ideal fit. Have them RSVP.
- Sign up as well!
If you are a tenant:
- RSVP today. Seating is limited.
- Encourage a neighboring or friends*
- Can’t attend? send us an email at RAmbassador@AthensServices.com to be informed of upcoming trainings.
Email your questions to RAmbassador@AthensServices.com. Please be sure to RSVP online and not through email.RSVP
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE RSVP:
**Please note, RSVP does not confirm registration. The Recycling Ambassador trainings are only open to Athens Services’ customers who are City of Los Angeles multi-family clients and their residents. An Athens Services representative will be reviewing all registrations to confirm addresses. If there is an issue with an RSVP, a representative will email you. If you are not an Athens Services customer, please contact your hauler to see if they have a similar program or training.**
Not sure if you are an Athens Services’, multi-family customer in the City of L.A.? Use this map to identify your waste hauler in the City of Los Angeles: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1qB-zWxAPdueXGyOpM9JBcv98CXg&usp=sharing
Date And Time
Wed, March 13, 2019
6:30 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
First Unitarian Church of Los Angeles
2936 W 8th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90005