Athens makes it easy to recycle your holiday tree. To make sure your tree is 100% recycled, follow these simple steps:
- Remove stands, ornaments, lights, and tinsel
- If your tree is more than six feet in length, please cut it in half
- Place your holiday tree next to your containers on your regular pickup day
- If you miss the tree pickup day, cut up your tree and place it in your organics waste container
- Artificial trees and trees with flocking or fire retardants are NOT recyclable; they will be treated as trash and sent to a landfill – please submit a pick-up request for these items here AthensServices.com/Bulky.